Here’s a list of twenty things one should do to become an awesome writer. Just sharing good information!
- Become an active blogger.
- Use self-imposed word count per hour, or per day.
- Accept all forms of criticism; learn to grow from it.
- Edit, edit, and edit again.
- Live passionately!
- Write without distractions (and yes, that means no Internet).
- Listen to how people talk.
- Read lots of books, the good and the bad.
- Avoid passive voice.
- Limit use of adjectives and adverbs.
- Make writing a priority.
- Keep squeezing words out even if you feel uninspired.
- Tell everyone: “I’m a writer.”
- Recognize your fears and overcome them.
- Join a critique group.
- Break free of your comfort zone.
- Deconstruct and analyze books and articles you enjoy reading.
- Socialize with other writers.
- Stretch or exercise in between writing.
- Take risks – don’t be afraid to shock!
Thank you to Mary Jaksch for the inspiration!
Until next time!